What kinds of structure or systems exist in a workplace that makes it possible for you to speak up?
This assignment is divided into 3 parts:
1. Reflect on how organisational structure and organisational culture can affect the safety of person-centred care delivery.
2. Reflect on the skills related to health information systems.
3. Develop awareness of the transition from students to registered nurses through critical selfreflection.
SILO 3 Organizational structure and culture
1. Rationale: As a graduate nurse, you may not always feel comfortable speaking up when there is a safety concern. It is important to reflect on systemic and personal factors that promote safety culture.
2. Describe a time in your clinical placement as a student nurse where there was a safety concern. How was this dealt with? Were you or other nurses able to speak up forsafety?
3. Analyse what kind of organisational culture makes it possible for you to speak up? What kinds of structure or systems exist in a workplace that makes it possible for you to speak up?
4. Reflect on what role you have as a graduate nurse in speaking up to promote a safety culture?