WEEK 5: DETERMINATION OF DEATH / INFORMED CONSENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdGqUeIJVes BIO 603 3 17 18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWpHn2_a-eU&t=295s BIO 603 CONSENT 4 6 19
(ERD 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 55, 59, 61, 62)
1. Uniform Determination of Death Act (UDDA):
a. How this law was created
b. Legal definition of death, describe.
2. Define dying within context of faith, basic principle about human life.
3. Bioethical Analysis of Pain Management – Pain Relief
4. What is the difference between Pain and suffering? Explain
5. Diagnosis / prognosis: define both.
6. Ordinary / Extraordinary means of life support. Explain and bioethical analysis.
7. Killing or allowing to die? Define both and explain which one is ethically correct and why?
8. Catholic declaration on life and death; give a summary of this document: https://ecatholic-sites.s3.amazonaws.com/17766/documents/2018/11/CDLD.pdf
9. What is a free and informed consent from the Catholic perspective?
10. Define Proxy, Surrogate
a. Advance Directives
b. Living Will
c. PoA / Durable PoA