Midterm Study Guide
1. Dark-field microscopes are effective for…
2. Phase-contrast microscope is effective for…
3. Septicemia definition
4. Microbicidal vs microbiostatic definitions
6. Are sexually active women more susceptible to UTI’s?
7. Schedules of controlled substances
8. Do drugs change living tissues? (physiologically, biochemically, biologically)
9. Blood borne diseases
10. Biosafety levels
11. Gram positive and gram negative bacteria
12. Most effective alcohol percentage
13. Factors influencing antimicrobial effectiveness
14. How long should you boil water to kill most bacteria and viruses?
15. Sterilization definition
16. Characteristics of protozoans
17. What mold is responsible for the production of penicillin?
18. Is HIV a DNA or RNA virus?
19. Are viruses inert outside of the host cell?
20. Which organisms are prokaryotes and which are eukaryotes?
21. Eukaryotic cell labeling
22. Fields in which microbiology is used
23. Ions definition
24. Isotopes definition
28. Stages of mitosis and their order
31. Dimorphic fungi definition