Scoring Rubric: Course Project Semester Project Completion
· Describes the patient that is the subject of the project including diagnoses, medications, and history OR describes the community, its strengths and problems and the mental health issue that will be the subject of the paper. – 4
· Includes any substance abuse or violence issues for the patient or community – 2
· Discusses attempted interventions, what has been successful and what has not. – 4
· Describes own personal thoughts about the patient’s or community’s mental health issues. – 4
· Describes any cognitive concerns and possible interventions. – 2
· Writes a nursing care plan including three priority nursing diagnoses with r/t and AEB factors. – 4
· Includes outcomes in NOC language and interventions in NIC language with a plan for evaluation. – 4
· Identifies mental health resources that can be used with the patient or community. Includes an educational tool. – 4
· Supports answers using academic resources, with citations in APA format. – 2
Total – 30
Please Follow the Criminal Minds Guidelines.
Now, it’s time to turn in your semester project. Remember your project should include the following:
· A Mental Health Concern – and the Patient or Community – for your project.
· A brief history of the patient including diagnoses and medications – or a brief description of the community issue.
· Any substance abuse, addiction or violence issues surrounding this mental health problem. Describe the attempted interventions that have been made for your patient or community, and identify what has been successful and what has not. Submit a rough draft of information gathered so far.
· Describe your thoughts regarding your patient’s or community’s mental health issue. Are there any cognitive concerns? Think about interventions that may be helpful. Include sources for evidence-based practice.
· List appropriate nursing interventions for your chosen patient or community. How will you evaluate effectiveness? Include an evaluation tool or rubric.
· Complete your Semester Project by identifying mental health resources that can be used for your chosen patient or community. Finish with an educational tool for your patient or community.