Discuss the different types of evidence
This module helps you to build knowledge and skills in information literacy, essential concepts, research methods, evaluation and implementation of research evidence-based information in order to provide safe, person centred care to maintain or restore health and well-being.
The module adopts a blended learning approach, which combines face-to-face sessions in the classroom with a guided self-directed study independently/and or in a group using electronic learning materials. This learning approach will prepare you for study at level 5 in the second year. This module assist you in developing the requisite skills that you will require throughout the course and during your professional practice.
The module team look forward to working with you on developing your knowledge and skills that are essential to achieve the year one learning outcomes.
This module aims to introduce key knowledge and skills to support the identification, use and implementation of evidence to underpin nursing and healthcare interventions and professional practice.
Content of the Module
• Information literacy
• Introduction to quantitative and qualitative research (including research terminology)
• Introduction to mixed methods research
• Literature searching
• Types and sources of evidence
• Ethics of research
• Plagiarism and academic integrity.
• Approaches to referencing
• Evidence based care
• Multi professional care
• Introduction to literature appraisal tools
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
1. Discuss the different types of evidence and the importance of evidence-based interventions for safe, person centred care to maintain or restore health and well-being.