Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population.
Assignment: Robotics In Health Care
The purpose of this assignment is explore the assigned topic related to information systems in healthcare, research and analyze the topic, and describe how you will apply your new found knowledge to your nursing practice. Course Outcomes
This assignment enables the student to meet one or more of the following Course Outcomes depending on the topic selected.
CO1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO1)
CO2: Analyze data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care. (PO2)
CO3: Define standardized terminology that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes. (PO3)
CO4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers. (PO4)
CO5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice. (PO5)
CO 6: Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and client’s right to privacy. (PO6)
CO7: Examine the use of information systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse sensitive outcomes. (PO7)
CO8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO8)
· Robotics in Healthcare (CO5, CO8)
1. You are to research, analyze, and write an APA-formatted scholarly paper on Robotics in Healthcare.
2. Write an introduction that defines and describes the topic. Address what purpose the topic serves and how it impacts the delivery of healthcare in general and nursing care in particular.
3. Search for scholarly sources and relevant websites. Include a minimum of two scholarly sources. The course textbook does not qualify as a scholarly source. Cite all sources in the body of the paper and include them in the References list following proper APA formatting.
4. Provide one example of this topic. Describe the main features or aspects of the example with support from your sources. If you haven’t used this before, think of how this could benefit clinical practice.
5. Describe an experience where the topic impacted you personally, either when you were receiving healthcare or when you were providing nursing care. Relate one positive aspect or one negative aspect of this experience and how it could have been improved. If you haven’t used this before, think of how this could benefit clinical practice.
6. Write a conclusion that summarizes the topic, the purpose, and how your newfound insight will influence your nursing care.
7. Use the APA template above to develop your paper. Use APA formatting.
8. The length of the paper should be a maximum of 4-5 pages, excluding the title page and the reference page. There should only be one small quote maximum in the paper. Citations should primarily include summary and restatement.You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.